Simple and Juicy Turkey Cheat-Sheet
- How big of a turkey? This method is best for a 12 to 16 pound bird. (Buy 1 to 1 1/2 pounds turkey for each guest.)
- How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
- What temperature to cook the turkey? Preheat the oven to 450°F then drop the temperature to 350°F after putting the turkey into the oven.
- What temperature should the turkey be? The turkey is done when it registers a minimum of 165° in the thickest part of the thigh.
- How long to rest the turkey? Rest the turkey for at least 15 minutes before carving.
See more detailed instructions here.