My heart goes out to all of those impacted by the Marshall Fires. I know how important home is to each and every person and my heart breaks when I look at the pictures of what every person lost. But, your community is here to support you in this time of need. I love the Boulder, Louisville and Superior neighborhoods and have a wide reach of community members and community resources reaching out to provide the best they can. Below are the resources I have collected to help you navigate your way through these next couple of weeks.
- The Boulder Area Rental Housing Association has 150 units available for displaced parties. https://uphelp.org/disaster-recovery-help/marshallfire/
- Compass Real Estate has compiled a list of available short and long term housing options. Email me at Megan.Douglas@compass.com and I can link you with a housing option that fits your needs. Just let me know general location, beds, baths, pet needs.
- AirBnB’s Open Homes Program https://www.airbnb.com/for-airbnb-org/how-to-host
- Heaters for pick up: Xcel Energy is offering free space heaters. The official shelter at the Lafayette YMCA is currently out of heaters, but the utility is hoping to deliver more later today. There are heaters available at the Boulder YWCA, 2222 14th St.
- Humane Society of Boulder Valley is accepting evacuated animals in need of shelter. https://www.boulderhumane.org/
- Pet Loss Therapy is available and offered through the Longmont Humane Society. https://vetmedbiosci.colostate.edu/argus/pet-loss-support/
Postpartum and Maternity Care
- The Abundance Project
- Sanctuary Doulas email@example.com 720.828.2802
I’ve Returned to My House, Can I:
- Rayback Collective is having free shopping event for people who lost everything in the Marshall Fire. https://fb.me/e/1oq7buFG7
- FREE Mattresses - Spring Back Colorado https://springbackco.org
- Tractor Supply Co in Lafayette 825 North US HWY 287 Lafayette, CO 80226 Has tons of brand-new items able to be picked up for families in need. Ask for Caitlin Halloran she is the store manager -- 303-665-3050 Clothes, Hats, Gloves, Toys to keep kids occupied during this time, Dog food for pets
- Douglas County Fair Grounds this SUNDAY 1/2/2022 at 3PM has all NEW diapers, formula, bottled water, food, toilet paper, paper towels, pet food, feminine products, toiletries. For more event information and contact person.
If you have any resources I should add to the list please let me know. Also, if you need anything not on this list feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll let you know if I have information or a better resource to send you.