Looking to recycle your Christmas Tree? Denver’s Treecycle makes it very easy! Denver’s Treecycle is a seasonal program offered by Denver Recycles that turns thousands of discarded holiday trees into mulch. The mulch is made available to Denver residents in May at the Mulch Giveaway & Compost Sale. It’s free and convenient, here’s how:
- Remove all decorations, lights, and the tree stand from your tree.
- Have your tree picked up or drop it off: + Set your tree out for collection on one of your scheduled trash collection days during the two-week Treecycle collection period. CLICK HERE to see when that is. + Drop your Tree off at THESE locations.
- Reclaim free mulch made from your tree at the annual Mulch Giveaway & Compost Sale in May.
The program has a couple rules:
- Only natural, real trees are collected by Treecycle crews. No artificial or flocked trees.
- Place trees out at your trash set-out location by 7 a.m. on your scheduled trash collection day.
- Trees must be placed at least two feet away from collection carts, structures, and other obstacles. Do not place trees inside bags or collection carts.
- In observance of the New Year’s Day holiday on 1/1/19, all Tuesday through Friday Solid Waste Management collections are delayed by one day during the week of 12/31.
- Trees may also be dropped off at one of two Treecycle drop-off sites, open through January 31.
- Treecycle is for Denver residents only.