Public voting is underway to find Stapleton’s new neighborhood name after the group tasked with finding a new moniker narrowed the list of more than 300 suggestions to nine.
- Mosley – after John Mosley, a Tuskegee Airman from Denver who attended Manual High School, and his family.
- Meadowlark – after the bird species.
- Concourse – reimagining the word so it suggests “a coming together of people, where paths meet and rebuild”.
- Peterson – after Helen Peterson, a Cheyenne-Lakota activist and lobbyist who worked at the University of Denver.
- Central Park – after the park in the neighborhood.
- Skyview – after the natural beauty surrounding the neighborhood.
- Randolph – after Daddy Bruce Randolph, a Denverite and cook who helped provide free meals for the community.
- Park Central – after Central Park.
- Tailwinds – for “moving forward”.
The group wants to have a new name by August 1. Denver and Aurora residents who own homes or rent in Stapleton will be eligible to vote. (Allshouse said two blocks near the southeast corner of Stapleton that overlap into the City of Aurora, which is why Aurora voters are eligible.)