Is all this time in your house making you think something might be missing? A home office, maybe a yoga studio, or a guest house? A shed could be the answer you’ve been looking for.
With modern looks and efficient construction, prefab continues to be an alluring option for building a new home. But if you already have a house, adding a backyard structure made from components produced off-site can be an easy and practical way to make the most of your property.
Compact prefab sheds often won’t require a permit to install and their potential uses can go way beyond simple storage or workshop space—think a home office, yoga studio, writing retreat, guest house, music room, and so on.
Below, we’ve rounded up five rad prefab shed lines that you can order from right now. The estimated price ranges do not include costs associated with any permits, shipping, foundation, and installation, unless otherwise noted.
- Size: 64 to 240 square feet
- Cost: $9,529 to $17,286 (base costs)
- Key features: Weatherproof wall panels, tapered roof rafters, double pane windows, fiberglass door, brushed aluminum trim and hardware, one-year warranty, professional installation available.
- Size: 80 to 196 square feet
- Cost: $5,000 to $18,000+ for shell kits, $10,000 to $20,000+ for installed shells, $18,000 to $38,000+ turnkey installations.
- Key features: Steel transom windows, stairs to door, lap siding, pine tongue and groove ceiling cover, interior cedar beam; optional upgrades include side deck, bamboo flooring, additional windows.
- Size: 48 to 288 square feet
- Cost: Starting around $10,000 for the smallest sheds, much more expensive for larger sheds.
- Key features: Fast assembly; available in 8-, 10, or 12-foot depths with customizable lengths; pre-insulated walls and wood paneling; available in many color options and various window sizes.
- Size: 120 square feet
- Cost: Starting at $27,000 installed
- Key features: Eichler slope roof, exposed beam ceiling, sliding door and windows, internal electrical wiring, fully insulated.
- Size: 64 to 336 square feet
- Cost: $8,895 to $20,388
- Key features: Pre-hung glass doors, two large, insulated picture windows, standing seam metal roof, many color options.